"Picturesque Portofino" Portofino by TRimer
Portofino Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 450 photos
Perched on Italy's northwest coast, Portofino is one of the most perfect, most photogenic fishing ports in the Mediterranean. Portofino means "port of the dolphins". Home to the exclusive Hotel Splendido, Portofino has been a magnet for Europe's beau monde, from Rex Harrison to Elizabeth Taylor, for decades.
The lifestyle is mellow, hang out on the beach, go for a sail or a cruise on your yacht, and take some time to enjoy the local cuisine and wines. Restaurants and bistros dot the streets offering excellent fare for visitors. Take a stroll up to the church San Giorgio for a spectacular view of the harbor. For the more industrious, there are many nearby opportunities for exploring: olive orchards, vineyards, isolated fishing villages, and be sure to walk the spectacular cliffside path to the isolated abbey of St. Fruttuoso, just outside of Portofino.
- Pros:Great picture taking
- Cons:Not much to do. Expensive shops and restaurants.
- In a nutshell:Bring Your Camera
Originally a small fishing village shaded by eucalyptus and olive trees, Portofino has become a sunny and relaxing... more travel advice
This popular seaside resort with palm trees and cafés is situated on the Gulf of Tigullio. The resort contains many old... more travel advice
TRimer's Related Pages
Portofino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portofino - a scenic place in Liguria !!"
- "Portofino - Jewel of the Italian Riviera"
- "A gem tucks in Ligurian coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portofino
- Hotels in Portofino
- Transportation in Portofino
- Restaurants in Portofino
- Shopping in Portofino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portofino
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Portofino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portofino
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 125 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 55 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 34 reviews, 23 photos
- Ireland Intro, 31 reviews, 25 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Antilles Intro, 25 reviews, 15 photos