"Where to next?" TRimer's Profile
Like everyone else who is a member of VT, I love to travel. I think it is in my genes as well as my blood.
I am originally from New York but my family moved to Hong Kong when I was 12. My dad was an executive at a bank and each year we were able to travel all throughout the world on our way back to the states. I have traveled fairly extensively throughout Asia with the notable exception of Australia which is on top of my list. I have been on safari in Kenya, camped in China before it had relations with the West and have recently visited Cuba.
I now live in Chicago which is one of the cleanest and friendliest places that I have ever been. After a few years of traveling around the US for business, I have now reawakened my love of foreign travel. This past year I have manly been traveling throughout the United States. I have to been to many new cities in the South and Northeast.
I also have a love of photography. This picture I took of China from the New Territories in Hong Kong when I was 12.
My husband, Joe, and I at Jimmy Buffett Concert at Wrigley.
For our honeymoon we went to South Africa - check out my pages.
Here are some of my favorites sent in from readers:
Splurge for ambiance. Sipping a drink at the Four Seasons in Milan during Fashion Week is worth the 20-euro vodka.
When in doubt, overdress. Nothing screams American more than a track suit with a catchphrase on the ass.
Have Plans B and C ready in case palaces are closed for no apparent reason. Sometimes it’s a siesta. Sometimes it’s just Wednesday.
Take a digital picture of your luggage and keep it on your camera (print a copy, too) in case the airline loses your bag. Making a list of the contents of your suitcase is a hassle, but it will ensure your bag always makes it.
Don’t be too swayed by international fashion trends. Just because that Barcelona baby can pull off the mullet/sneaker boots combo doesn’t mean you can.
Select a Plan B hotel for each location. Hotels can look better on websites than in person, and it’s easier to walk away when you know you have an alternative.
The street you are looking for is the one that’s missing the street sign.
You will get ripped off at some point. Don’t take it personally. Consider it your small contribution to the local economy.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 955 Reviews
- 842 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 92 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
- Posted in Travel Key West Forum "Re: First time Key West visit!"
- TRimer and shopgal are now friends.
- updated a Kinsale Travel Page "The Jewel of Ireland"
- Wrote a Review Business Hotel in Great Location in Saint Petersburg Hotels
- Commented on one of garibaldi's Saint Petersburg travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Where to next?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice Hotel with Pool on the Beach"
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 125 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 55 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 34 reviews, 23 photos
- Ireland Intro, 31 reviews, 25 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Antilles Intro, 25 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos