"Bonio in Shkoder" Shkoder by bonio
Shkoder Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 297 photos
We were staying in Budva, Montenegro, and a daytrip to Shkodra across the border in Albania was too tempting to miss.
All cross border formalities were arranged, an excellent meal included, visits to the museum, mosque, church and castle included (not compulsory, freetime was available, but the Albanian guide was good and very knowledgeable).
A good day out and well worth 53 Euro.
A city coming out of 50 years of communism, trying hard (help from the EEC) to catch up with the 21st century. Recommended to visit soon while there is still an idea of the past on view.
surprisingly a decent locally produced Cognac is available at a reasonable price, visit a supermarket and buy one. more travel advice
Over the river Kiri looks to be very ramshakle but it's been there for many years and took the weight of our large coach... more travel advice
bonio's Related Pages
Shkoder Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shkoder - City at the foot of Rozafa Castle"
- "A historical city among waters and mountains"
- "Shkodra, the gate to Montenegro"
- "The city where the fish is Krap and we enjoyed it"
- "Skohder in the North of Albania"
- "The Mercedes Country..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shkoder
- Hotels in Shkoder
- Transportation in Shkoder
- Nightlife in Shkoder
- Restaurants in Shkoder
- Shopping in Shkoder
- Warnings and Dangers in Shkoder
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shkoder
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Shkoder?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shkoder
Photos in ShkoderSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 82 reviews, 235 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 79 photos
- Kiev Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos
- Bremen Intro, 17 reviews, 64 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thunersee Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 17 reviews, 54 photos
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue