"8-day altitude sickness is NOTHING! (?)" Tibet by bafgkm
Tibet Travel Guide: 1,400 reviews and 4,147 photos
Lhasa the city is at the elevation of about 3,600 m. Normal people at this height would haave altitude sickness, such as headache, vomit, diarrhea and so on. I had them all. At first 8 days in Lhasa, I had headache EVERYDAY! I was really upset and thought my travel life was finished. I then had a fever at the 8th day. On that day, I just couldn't help sleeping all day and took medicine while I was awake. To the astonishment,I was totally recovery since the 9th day! Buddha bless me!
This is the typically traditional costune of tibetan women. If you've ever been to Mexico or Latin America and observed the Indians women, maybe you would find the same thing as mine - they have the same braids style! Amazing!
In Sera temple, everyday ,except on Sunday,there's " bian-jing",which means lamas have to ask questions to each other in order to think deeper and wider.
- Pros:Lazy life & Ba-jiao Street
- Cons:Altitude Sickness
- In a nutshell:Physically demanding place!
It's a traditional tibetan tea house, someone might think it looks dirty and might be afraid to enter. Then you really... more travel advice
Walk along Ba kuo street in Lhasa. Start low and say at least 30% of the origin price. more travel advice
bafgkm's Related Pages
Tibet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Roof of the World - Under Construction"
- "Returning to Tibet!"
- "TIBET: unique people in unique land... and Beijing"
- "Roof of the World"
- "Tibet, the Buddhists on top of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tibet
- Hotels in Tibet
- Transportation in Tibet
- Nightlife in Tibet
- Restaurants in Tibet
- Shopping in Tibet
- Warnings and Dangers in Tibet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tibet
- 12 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Tibet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tibet
Top 10 Pages
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination A-li-shan Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verona Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 3 travelogues
- Genoa Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues