"Taiwan is really beautiful!" Top 5 Page for this destination A-li-shan by bafgkm

A-li-shan Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 152 photos

the location

The area I point out on the Taiwan map indicates the location of a-li-shan. It's close to Mt. Jade (Yu shan) , so you can even plan an extended trip to Yu shan forest park after you see sunrise!

my itinerary/ story

1.From Taipei, I took the faster train(zi qiang hao) to Chiyi city, it costs NT.600.

2. On arriving chiayi train station, there is/are travel agent(s) waiting there for tourists who are going to visit a li shan.

3. I didn't book a ticket for the forest train to a li shan and the time i arrived this city was about 12:30 at noon, and all tickets were sold out.

4. The travel agent came to me and asked me if I wanted to buy the ticket from them becouse of 4 absent settour tourists but i had to stay at their hotel. Seemed I didn't have any other choice, i pretended to think for a while then pay slowly....

5. Next morning, i went with the guided tour bus of the hotel to see sunrise in Yu shan national park instead of taking the "sunrise train" to zhu shan.

6. I left a li shan again with the tour bus, we stopped by fenqihu train station by the way and had the famous fenqihu lunchbox(expensive! NT.100.)

Some suggestions

1. Book the ticket in advance, especialy when you plan to visit there at weekend.

2. Wear warm clothes. (gloves, scarf....)

3. Keep tracking weather reports, you know it's difficult to see sunrise in cloudy days.

• Pros:Great nature
  • In a nutshell:What a beautiful place!
  • Last visit to A-li-shan: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 25, 2004

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 3:08 PM

If I visit Taiwan again, alishan is definitely on my to go list. Hope to see the sea of clouds and the sunrise there.

bafgkm

“The most ultimate wisdom lies in Buddhism!!”

Badges & Stats in A-li-shan

Have you been to A-li-shan?

Latest Activity in A-li-shan