"*B*A*F*G*K*M*" bafgkm's Profile
Okay, that was good. I finally did China and Mongolia. I made it! After spending a few days at home, now it's time to set off again!
The itinerary for this time is: Taipei -> Bangkok -> Cambodia -> Vietnam -> China -> Laos -> Thailand. I'll do it overland and then fly from Bangkok to Kolkata to explore the subcontinent.
I find two things crucial while traveling: health and money! Visit your dentist at least 2 weeks before traveling; Check to make sure you have enough money in your bank account, your bank card works and make sure the correct PIN number. Inform your family/friends of the nearest bank that has Western Union or MoneyGram service and inquire the commission fee in advance.
When traveling, avoid one night stand or at least insist to wear a condom to make yourself travel healthy without worries.
Visiting Mongolia in September when the temperature is gradually falling and the heat in Gobi is not that overwhelming. Told by a friend that the grass may be turning yellow......
But I don't care.
I once resisted to visit MNG's big nature because i didn't want to be a normal tourist spending a lot of money, renting a jeep, hiring a driver, consuming the mother nature.
Now i am going there.
Does it mean i finally figure out what attitude i should have to the place?
i think nothing!
Thinking nothing and simply BE THERE.
See how and what the scenery will stimulate my mind and thinking.
Traveling itself for me, is no long an adventure. it's more like a test. test if i accept myself and if i know my inner true self.
Although I had terribly serious altitude sickness in Tibet, where is still my ultimate love. Not only did I make a lot of good friends during my stay there but the laid-back atmosphere that I love the most.
So now I have a list of my favorite cities in order:
1. Lhasa, Tibet
2. Berlin, Germany
3. Venice, Italy
5. to be continued.......
Lhasa is No.1, maybe it was because that I made a lot of friends over there and we spoke to each other with our mother language. Some detail, tiny thoughts can only be communicated via the same media - language.
It's only one of the reason and of course, I 'd love to make a lot of friends speaking different languages as well! ;-)
Our life could be parellel.
We will never meet each other if we don't do something.....
.....until we decided to travel!
With travel, we meet a lot of interesting and cool people in a dense time.
So, finally, we meet each other, have a great time and share each other's life!
What a wonderful thing!! ^_^b
I temporarily settle down in Tibet.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 108 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- bafgkm and timshopper are now friends.
- Commented on one of dixonchan's Taipei travel pages
updated their Profile Page "*B*A*F*G*K*M*"
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Has anyone tried sleeping in the..."
- updated a Taiwan Travel Page "bafgkm's Taiwan Page"
- Wrote a Review Be aware of Typhoons in summer! in Taiwan Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chinese New Year Activity"
Top 10 Pages
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination A-li-shan Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verona Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 3 travelogues
- Genoa Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos