"Welcome to ladagspa's HomePage" ladagspa's Profile
"Jullay" is the wonder word used in Ladakh for "Hello", "Good Bye", "Thank you" etc.
Jullay to you.
Its a wonderful feeling to be a part of virtualtourist.com, which I am hooked to recently.
This is a photo of a typical house in Leh Ladakh,
where I belong.
Lohri, is celebrated every year on 13th of January. It is a festival to worship fire. Lohri Festival is celebrated with great pomp in North India. At this time Earth starts moving towards the sun marking the auspicious period of Uttarayan. First Lohri is very important for the newly wed and the new born babies as it marks fertility. At night, people gather around the bonfire and throw til, puffed rice & popcorns into the flames of the bonfire. Prayers are offered to the bonfire seeking abundance & prosperity. People make merry by dancing & singing traditional folk songs.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 25 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- ladagspa and jayjayc are now friends.
- Commented on toemayn's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to ladagspa's HomePage"
- Posted in Travel Bangalore Forum "Re: Daughter tourist guide"
- Wrote a Review Not in Japan but at the Airport in India. in Japan Tourist Traps
- created a Japan Travel Page "Cherry Blossom and a Buddhist Country"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to ladagspa's HomePage"
Top 10 Pages
- Leh Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ladakh Range Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Japan Intro, 3 reviews
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- India Intro, 1 photo
- Singapore Intro, 1 photo
- Amritsar 1 review