Canterbury Shopping Tips by pepples46
Canterbury Shopping: 4 reviews and 4 photos
everything you need ist here..I don't have to explain a shopping Mall:-) we all have to live with them now, and of course can be quite handy, especially in the winter...warm and cosy and everything in place.have a look at the pic, the thick clouds coming from the south....bringing rain and cold air
What to buy: most big Supermarkets are here too. everything you need for Breakfast, light Lunch or takeaways Dinner, you will find it here.
a couple of years ago the Liquor Laws have changed in NZ, now the Supermarkets can sell Beer and Wine all day long all year around..some are open 24h..some from 7:30am to 10pm, 7days a week
What to pay: Beer.sixpack US$4.- a good Bottle of Wine from US$ 5.- think globally and buy locally :-c
Directions: Aldwins Road, 5min from Citycenter
it's actually a wee factory shop, right on Highway 1 Main Street in Temuka. You can buy first or,which I always opt for, seconds Dinnerware etc.Best manufactured Dinnerware, Mugs etc in NZ and a great gift to bring home. the Colours are bold, exquisitly handpainted and Dishwasher save.
What to pay: they are not cheap,a big Fruitbowl.set you back around US$35.-.... but real good things have their price, but I assure you, you will enjoy your Mugs, Plates or whatever you buy, for years to come
Address: Temuka Main St
Theme: Local Craft
from Nails, Hammer, outdoor Gear, Toothbrush and, Beds, bedding.....you name it they have it
NZ owned and operated even in Australia
What to buy: CD's.that's the real MC Coy..20-25% cheaper then everywhere else and the CD Player can be bought too.....Mobil Phones, Pre-Paid....great deal
What to pay: good brands to be had, german, canadien,nz made.great stuff! and all to a reasonable price
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (51)
- See All Climate in Canterbury
- See All South Canterbury
- See All pick up the Newspaper
- See All Christchurch City Center
- See All Land of Pies
- See All Christchurch
pepples46's Related Pages
Canterbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Little Bit of Everything"
- "Home of the Red and Black"
- "Canterbury - Home of the Crusaders"
- "Canterbury - one of the main regions of NZ"
- "Journey to Mount Hutt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canterbury
- Hotels in Canterbury
- Transportation in Canterbury
- Nightlife in Canterbury
- Restaurants in Canterbury
- Shopping in Canterbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Canterbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canterbury
- 267 Reviews
- 441 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Canterbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canterbury
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos