Uruguay Restaurant Tips by pepples46
Uruguay Restaurants: 28 reviews and 38 photos
Favorite Dish: Mate Tea a very refreshing and healthy Brew, good for the digestive well being,circulation, skin problems and other health support
in Uruguay, people running around with their cuja in one hand and thermos...for hot water in the other. first you ask yourself , what is going on, nothing realy...just a REAL local custom, some might think its an addiction..that mate tea. but let me assure you..everything can be an addicction, here it is more an ..obssession!!
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: there are good websites under ERVA-MATE...and it is not an addicctive tea, some just can't get enough of it
Other Contact: Mate in it's finishing stage
Price: less than US$10
Mate Tea..can make a hot day much more bearable
Favorite Dish: the locals will take pride in sharing their national brew...you see many running around with flask of hot water to fill up the cuja again. first time you might feel a bitter taste , but that disapears soon, and your system will feel refreshed.
the utillities can be bought at the many shops in Uruguay.
More Reviews (19)
- See All Gauchos
- See All taking the ferry from Colonia
- See All having a boat
pepples46's Related Pages
Uruguay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "unknown URUGUAY"
- "Río de los pájaros Pintados (Painted Birds' River)"
- "URUGUAY .... HERE WE COME...."
- "Gold Coast"
- "Don't skip over it!"
- "One large city and then wide open spaces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uruguay
- Hotels in Uruguay
- Transportation in Uruguay
- Nightlife in Uruguay
- Restaurants in Uruguay
- Shopping in Uruguay
- Warnings and Dangers in Uruguay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uruguay
- 21 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Uruguay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uruguay
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos