"the Colours of BOLIVIA" Bolivia by pepples46
Bolivia Travel Guide: 2,171 reviews and 5,877 photos
and the Colours of Bolivia
will capture your heart too
The mainstream Tourist had not yet found 'the shores' of Bolivia, saying shores....Bolivia is one of two Countries in South America without a costline, nor a Port.The other one is Paraguay.
In the 19th century, the Paraguayan or Gran Chaco War,between Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay, left those countries..Bolivia and Paraguay..defeated.
Not only where they deprived of a lot of their Land, Bountries where drastically pushed back, and made them cut off from the Port's they so desperatly wanted, needed and fought for.
Brazil and Argentina made the Rules and drew a line over the Map of South America, everything left, towards the Pacific Ocean should be 'spanish Territory' and useing the spanish language, the Rest, along the Atlantic Ocean..except Argentina and Uruguay, should be the 'portugues Territory' and hence the portugues Language.
Even in these day's, people often make the mistake to belief, ALL of South America speaks spanish!
the cradle of human culture....Tiahuanaco was such a place, situated around 70km from La Paz
- In a nutshell:there are a couple of Cons...you must find out for yourself
no harm in eating on the street, very fresh and spicy food....all sorts of meat and vege's cooked together, actually... more travel advice
the isolation of Bolivia as an interior Country, no passage to the Ocean, no Port left it frustrated and holding back... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Bolivia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See-It-All Tour of Bolivia and Follow-up Trips"
- "A boiling country - Un pays en ebulition"
- "exciting quiteness"
- "Que Aventura!"
- "Bolivia - the secret heart of the Anden"
- "Bolivia: Not so obvious and that's nice"
- "The Forgotten Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolivia
- Hotels in Bolivia
- Transportation in Bolivia
- Nightlife in Bolivia
- Restaurants in Bolivia
- Shopping in Bolivia
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolivia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bolivia
- 22 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Bolivia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolivia
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos