"the Colours of BOLIVIA" Bolivia by pepples46

Bolivia Travel Guide: 2,152 reviews and 5,847 photos

and the Colours of Bolivia
will capture your heart too

Bolivia in the early 70's has been quite a 'dangerous'place. Although its natural Beauty was there for all to see,one had to be vigilent and on your toes.
The mainstream Tourist had not yet found 'the shores' of Bolivia, saying shores....Bolivia is one of two Countries in South America without a costline, nor a Port.The other one is Paraguay.

In the 19th century, the Paraguayan or Gran Chaco War,between Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay, left those countries..Bolivia and Paraguay..defeated.
Not only where they deprived of a lot of their Land, Bountries where drastically pushed back, and made them cut off from the Port's they so desperatly wanted, needed and fought for.
Brazil and Argentina made the Rules and drew a line over the Map of South America, everything left, towards the Pacific Ocean should be 'spanish Territory' and useing the spanish language, the Rest, along the Atlantic Ocean..except Argentina and Uruguay, should be the 'portugues Territory' and hence the portugues Language.

Even in these day's, people often make the mistake to belief, ALL of South America speaks spanish!

ancient culture,
the cradle of human culture....Tiahuanaco was such a place, situated around 70km from La Paz

• In a nutshell:there are a couple of Cons...you must find out for yourself
  • Intro Updated Jul 2, 2005

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 9:49 PM

what an amazing country, a great page and lovely pics, Wal ! Gruesse aus dem heissen Österreich !

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2006 at 9:31 AM

I have enjoyed Bolivia with your pages that are helping me to plan my next trip

• DPando's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 3:29 PM

wow !!! stunning pics...i love that people ones !! terrific advices ...so usefull for my new trip in september !!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 9:59 PM

You were replete with the wrong rodent at that ritzy restaurant!

• Apr 16, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Hey I was there in 71' I was 5. My father is from La Paz. I remember my grand parents house and Cinnamon Ice Cream.

• Greybilby's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 12:42 PM

its a blessing we don't always know what we eat. Bolivia, Country and Culture wonderful documented. thank you for sharing

• nipper1's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 9:00 PM

super page, I can only dream of travelling to South America, need to start saving

• wish-nu's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 12:04 PM

makes me dream of the Andes, great job, keep it up

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Excellent tips on your long-ago experiences in Boliva (the same time that I first arrived in Africa!). The Yungas area looks very inviting, especially your Transportation tip! Ah , the good old days...!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 11:08 AM

Wal, thx to you, Bolivia maybe my next stop in SA.The picture of the child (local customs) is perfect and so inviting !! great job - Greets

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Bolivia

Have you been to Bolivia?

Latest Activity in Bolivia