"NICKENICH...a wee honey" Nickenich by pepples46
Nickenich Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 34 photos
I hadn't had a clue it would show up on VT's Destination list, what a delight.
sure I had to put some pics together, most of them are in my Germany page anyway, but having a separate page for my Village is just great!
first the Celts set up shop in the area till they finished their travels and settled in the Bretagne/France and North Spain, Basque Country as well as in Wales.
the Romans arrived under Ceasar and his General Tiberius, he build a wall and called it Limes, separating the 'Barbarians' and the wild right Rhine site from the new established roman territories. Hadrian build a similar wall on the english isle.
that's enough History, what I am getting at is....the place is pretty old with a pretty interesting past..
Die Pellenz is the Regions name: from the latin:Palatium.
it would take some doing to explain it all .
for all german speaking VT travellers, have a look
with Inginuity and a bit fantasy, my Friend made copies of it. sold very well in the village. heritage has to be preserved and I am happy to got one too.
building started in the year 1200 on the ruins of a roman villa
several hundert years passed till the Church was finished, often interupted by natural disasters or war, finally 1739, the Church got in shape ...till this day, the community does realy look after it's Church, restoring and refurbishing every so often
- In a nutshell:roots, I could live here, but have choosen not too
people in the countryside have their hobbies and often considerable talends.....painting is one of them. a friend of... more travel advice
I always liked walking around the village. having a chat with people I know, sitting in front of the house,having a... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Nickenich Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Nickenich
- Hotels in Nickenich
- Transportation in Nickenich
- Restaurants in Nickenich
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nickenich
- 22 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nickenich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nickenich
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos