"NEW ZEALAND - AUSTRALIA - OCEANIA" Australia and Oceania by pepples46
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide: 69,281 reviews and 178,299 photos
one reads the page title and is inclined to think of Australia, in some cases even New Zealand..if we are lucky. but wait, there is more to this wonderful region then the Koalas and Kiwis. Island hoppers will agree, from Papua-New Guinea to Karibati, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga and the Cook Islands. Vanuatu to French Polynesia and New Caledonia. several Languages are spoken in the area and not all have their roots in a european Language.
People of different races have lived for much longer in this region than todays European in Europe or America.But for a Travelpage, it maybe would go too far to unrevel historical issues.
But let us, for a moment anyway, think of the courages Maori People who navigated their way from Hawaii to New Zealand. the Aboriginal People in Australia managing to keep Australia alive and lived of the land without difficulties.
to my great regret, I have not have the chance to travel to the Islands in the Region, but in time, I will. Samoa and Fiji is high on my List and also Papua-New Guinea. I am still young so I'm telling myself
Aboriginal Painting "MINA MINA" Travelling Women, by Dorothy Napangardi
Hawaii, the warmth of the Island is very tempting for a stopover when we travel to Europe, Hawaii is part of the Australia -Oceania Region. the Ancestors from the Maori People navigated their way from Hawaii to New Zealand. the woodcarvings one of the bonds between the Islands..the Tikki's are situated on the Big Island around 10km from the Town of Captain Cook, the great engl. Explorer of the Australia -Oceania Region
- In a nutshell:a diverse and beautitul piece of the World
for skiing or what ever you like to do in the Wintertime, there is one place you should not miss...Hanmer Springs and... more travel advice
on the roads.signs will give you a pretty good idea what can happen next. in NZ Pukekos are plenty around..and they made... more travel advice
- See All Central Location
- See All Gumtrees
- it can be a trap
- See All Maori Craft
pepples46's Related Pages
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NO DOUBT, AUSTRALIA IS A TOP TOURIST DESTINATION"
- "Aboriginal Australia"
- "Being in Australia in Oceania"
- "Cruising on a Queues Ship"
- "olja1234's new Australia-Oceania Page"
- "Welcome to Australia and Oceania!"
- "Australia and the Islands of the Pacific"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia and Oceania
- Hotels in Australia and Oceania
- Transportation in Australia and Oceania
- Nightlife in Australia and Oceania
- Restaurants in Australia and Oceania
- Shopping in Australia and Oceania
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia and Oceania
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia and Oceania
- 450 Reviews
- 728 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Australia and Oceania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia and Oceania
- Uploaded a Photo to "Train crossings"
- Commented on one of ekat's Australia and Oceania travel pages
- Wrote a Review when you come in winter in Australia and Oceania Favorites
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: Would you be sad about..."
- updated a Australia and Oceania Travelogue "some pix from NZ to enjoy!!"
Photos in Australia and OceaniaSee All Photos (728)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos