"NEW ZEALAND - AUSTRALIA - OCEANIA" Australia and Oceania by pepples46

Australia and Oceania Travel Guide: 69,281 reviews and 178,299 photos

wait there is more!

one reads the page title and is inclined to think of Australia, in some cases even New Zealand..if we are lucky. but wait, there is more to this wonderful region then the Koalas and Kiwis. Island hoppers will agree, from Papua-New Guinea to Karibati, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga and the Cook Islands. Vanuatu to French Polynesia and New Caledonia. several Languages are spoken in the area and not all have their roots in a european Language.
People of different races have lived for much longer in this region than todays European in Europe or America.But for a Travelpage, it maybe would go too far to unrevel historical issues.
But let us, for a moment anyway, think of the courages Maori People who navigated their way from Hawaii to New Zealand. the Aboriginal People in Australia managing to keep Australia alive and lived of the land without difficulties.
to my great regret, I have not have the chance to travel to the Islands in the Region, but in time, I will. Samoa and Fiji is high on my List and also Papua-New Guinea. I am still young so I'm telling myself

Aboriginal Painting "MINA MINA" Travelling Women, by Dorothy Napangardi

Hawaii, the warmth of the Island is very tempting for a stopover when we travel to Europe, Hawaii is part of the Australia -Oceania Region. the Ancestors from the Maori People navigated their way from Hawaii to New Zealand. the woodcarvings one of the bonds between the Islands..the Tikki's are situated on the Big Island around 10km from the Town of Captain Cook, the great engl. Explorer of the Australia -Oceania Region

• In a nutshell:a diverse and beautitul piece of the World
  • Intro Updated Nov 12, 2005

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 1:45 PM

vegetarien, that like Opera very nice did yuo visit Kiwi Wal very nice pages lots of tips

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Very good overview! I wish I could swap with you right now - autumn for spring!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Swinging and swaying; in a gondola and praying ;~)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 9:28 PM

Good page here - a nice overview for those heading down our way for the first time. leyle

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 12:17 PM

NZ and OZ are such beautiful places! I hope to make it there one day:)) maybe for an English course. Greetings from South Europe. Bye bye.

• aka123's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 6:20 PM

outstanding nature, flora and fauna. superb page

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 1:09 PM

Wonderful page, Wal! Enjoyed my visit to this page again! Thanks a lot!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 7:13 PM

A very informative page to bookmark and o read again before going to the other side of the world ! Beautidul photos ! I am totaly convinced the a campervan for wild camping is the best to visit !

• schurlif's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2005 at 1:59 PM

Beautifull stuff about Australia and NZ... spent only 2,5 hours at the Auckland Airport..Next time I'll stay longer if you show me around... :¬) At least , in Australia nobody asked me if there were kangaroos where I come from (Austria) ...LOL !!

• nipper1's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2005 at 5:27 PM

fine page of australia a. oceania, keep up the good work

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Australia and Oceania

• 1 Countries

Have you been to Australia and Oceania?

Latest Activity in Australia and Oceania