"ASHBURTON a rural Town" Ashburton by pepples46
Ashburton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 17 photos
in South Canterbury, Main Center for the farming Community and link to the south of the South Island.
the Ashburton Domain a must stop.buy yourself lunch at the many Cafe's around and enjoy this beautiful Park
a very nice rural Town indeed. just 65km south of Christchurch, the trip is easy, strait line, a little boring perhaps, but on the right side you see the Mount Hutt Ranges at all times.
they have restored their wonderful Art Deco Buildings, brought business in and doing very well. the Town people are chatty open minded and love to hear Ashburton looks beautiful now
the old Townhall, renovated and occupied by a big Insurance Company
at the West Street, one of the main Roads in Ashburton you find the Domain. at Springtime, full of colours and shady places. many old europaen and world Tree's...like Cedar and english Oak.
Waterways and many NZ Native shrubs and tree's planted.
the colour comes from the perannials and Rhododendrons, Magnolias and japanese Cheerytrees...oh well, I didn't see that big Truck when I took the pic
- In a nutshell:small Town atmosphere with friendly folks
just a little outside of Ashburton, when you leave the center south....at the right hand, a District Museum and local... more travel advice
till a couple of years ago, we had the choice of travelling by Train...the Southerner...from Christchurch to Dunedin,... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Ashburton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A brief stop in Ashvegas"
- "ASHBURTON a rural Town"
- "Ashburton 5 minutes to the sea, 30 to the mounts!"
- "Towards Christchurch"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ashburton
- Hotels in Ashburton
- Transportation in Ashburton
- Restaurants in Ashburton
- Shopping in Ashburton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ashburton
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ashburton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashburton
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos