"the Boulders of Moeraki" Moeraki by pepples46
Moeraki Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 78 photos
almost unique in the World, 25 km south of Oamaru along State Highway 1, seen from the Cliffs, emerging out of the Pacific Ocean
but once out of the sea, the boulders are slowly destroyed by the sea.
closely observed by the Locals and they will tell you, each visit to the beach provides a different picture.
- In a nutshell:a magical place
its not of the beaten path, State Highway 1 goes through this enchanting town of the South Island, with its victorian,... more travel advice
raised from the seabed some 15 million ago. the scientiest tells us, septerian concretions formed some 65 millon years... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Moeraki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Devil's Marbles"
- "Big, Round, stuck in the ground"
- "Moeraki Boulders"
- "Moeraki - Incredibly round!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moeraki
- Hotels in Moeraki
- Transportation in Moeraki
- Nightlife in Moeraki
- Restaurants in Moeraki
- Shopping in Moeraki
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Moeraki
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Moeraki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moeraki
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos