"NELSON...a very sunny place" Nelson by pepples46

Nelson Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 182 photos

in fact, Nelson prides itself as the sunniest spot in the Country! I can't confirm or deny that, but I know for sure, its pretty warm all year around
an othe fact I know is that Nelson is the oldest City in New Zealand. many Streets bear the name of the early immigrant ships, like Whitby, Arrow or Mary Ann.
these days, Nelson has so many attractions, impossible to count them all here and Nelson is the Gateway to many National Parks, Beaches, Art Studios, Galleries....Vinyards, those glorious Vinyard Garten Restaurants etc, etc..
and this Restaurant/Pub here is one of the best frequented in Nelson itself. a former Insurance Building, now a very good 'Waterhole' with great food to boot. the Menu has something to offer for everyone.

.....and the Sunsets are to 'die' for, the end of an other day in Paradise

NELSON/TASMAN

• In a nutshell:if you can't be happy in Nelson, you are a lost cause..sorry!!
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2005

• wish-nu's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 8:27 PM

beautiful destinaton, great page, happy new year my friend

• aka123's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 5:58 PM

taking a tour around the Nelson Vineyards, not a bad pastime.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 11:21 PM

Ahhh, putting my tent on the beach and listen to the sound of the waves..... what more does one need :-) And some nice mountains close to hike, and finish with a nice Chardonnay :-)) ahh (hicks :-)

• LOHRER's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 12:38 PM

I could see myself sitting here and sipping some wine. great information and pics Waltraud

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 10:16 AM

Great site for an interesting town. I look forward to touring New Zealand.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 4:25 AM

Nelson sounds like a great place. I'm already in search for destinations for a projected trip to NZ next year. Having that much sun Nelson may be the place for some relaxed days at the beach.

• Feb 8, 2005 at 9:43 PM

a workmate here is from nelson, and always talks about it. has been nice to finally see what he is on about. am very impressed, looks great! another classy page wal!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 7:55 AM

I don't know about the wine here but the beer in Nelson was one of the best in all of NZ. Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite towns in Kiwiland.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 11:16 PM

Nelson looks great, Wal , and one day I hope to have such a house with a view of the wide ocean myself...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 10:15 AM

Nice new page! Your friends really do have a fantastic view from their house.

Ranked Member