"NEW BRIGHTON..Christchurch/Canterbury" New Brighton by pepples46
New Brighton Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 96 photos
today was a sunny day, so Rosie, after surgery and I went out to the Beach, having Latte ...she had to wait.
the original New Brighton Pier stood on the same side as the present pier, 1964 the old wooden pier had to be demolished, although a group of residents-the pier and foreshore society tried to save it. 1997 the new pier was officially opend, the society raised NZ$ 2million and the City Council shipped in with an other $ 2million
New Brighton has been 1865 founded by the new Settlers who came mostly from England, as a Seaside holiday retreat. the old Pier 1894 build and 1964 for reasons of safety demolished. the pic is taken from the net
the Pier....now the Centerpiece in New Brighthon and linked to the Mall, with many shops and food outlets.Situated right by the Beach is a library with a difference, looking over the ocean, you can read,Newspaper for free...or just relaxe. In the Computerroom you can surf the net, write emails or play a video game...which would be a shame with a location like that.:-))
the enthusiastic fishermen have taken to the pier, like the Duck to the water...fishing as very cheap pasttime or sports events like surfing and Lifeguard competions are held here each year.
facts about the Pier:
Hight: 7m above high Tide
Piles: 17 Piles,1.4m diameter, 20m apart
- Pros:it is still a quiet place...mile's of Beaches, uncrowded
- In a nutshell:looking from the Pier over Pegasus Bay..beautiful
Spring is in the air and so are the spring storms..blastering Nor'wester today, we had to be careful and watch the ball,... more travel advice
it took him around 1 1/2 hours when he put the finishing touches and pauashells in, he showes an amazing concentration... more travel advice
- See All Lodge
- See All come and see us
- See All as New Brigton used to be..
- See All Breakfast break
pepples46's Related Pages
New Brighton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW BRIGHTON..Christchurch/Canterbury"
- "New Brighton - beachside suburb of Christchurch"
- "NEW BRIGHTON BEACH"
- "3 months in Brighton"
- "New Brighton"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Brighton
- Hotels in New Brighton
- Transportation in New Brighton
- Nightlife in New Brighton
- Restaurants in New Brighton
- Shopping in New Brighton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Brighton
- 29 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to New Brighton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Brighton
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos