"CANELA" Canela by pepples46
Canela Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 48 photos
photo showing the Mountains around Canela, 900m above sealevel, the impressive Serra Geral
Canela is a realtive young Town in its own rights, which where granted 1945
at first a working class community, forestry the main employment. soon there was not much to cut anymore, as everywhere else in the world..reforesting started soon after restoring what otherwise would have become a desert. Reflorestamento in the mid sixties had become a magic word and task in the south of Brasil.
Canela and Gramado went for it and started a very unique tourist industry, preserving and restoring nature, as well finding new job opportunities for the whole area.
in my transport tip you can find Canelas official webpage, yes its only in portugues, but many pics will show the beautiful area, accommodations and more, have a look
don't miss Gramado on the way to Canela or vice versa. I have talked about this area in a separate page, so I won't... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Canela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Parque Caracol"
- "CANELA - The Switzerland of Brazil"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canela
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Canela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canela
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos