"DIAMANTINA" Diamantina by pepples46
Diamantina Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 32 photos
City of Diamonds and other precious stones.ca.200km northeast of Belo Horizonte
Mercado Velho in the 17th-18th Century very much the place to buy a Slave..as it was Custom in those days.Brasil, gracas a deus-given that bad custom up when Independences 1804 from Portugal was declared. And of course keeping the precious stones in the Country as well.from the first found in 1720, it took nearly 10years anyway, till the news reached Portugal ^..^
ESTADO de MINAS GERAIS
the area around Belo Horizonte-beautiful Horizon.....was rich of minerals, diamonds and gold!!
an incredible immigration flow from all over the world took place, and the Goverment gave generous landrights....
I was always impressed by the brazilian Baroque, also known as baroque mineiro, in whatever form, smooth lines and quiet dynamic
walking around the slopes of Diamantina is a little streneous, Minas Gerais is a hilly country
- In a nutshell:no more Diamonds here ....but the Town as such a bright Diamond
and from an other perspective..the Passageway. the beauty is always in the detail, just click on the pic and you see... more travel advice
over Diamantina, where the first Diamond was found around 1720, the news was held back and not reported to... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Diamantina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HISTORY AND CARNIVAL IN DIAMANTINA (MG) - BRAZIL"
- "Beautifull, happy and hills"
- "Historical city in Minas with a great Carnaval"
- "deep into the highlands of Minas Gerais - Brasil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Diamantina
- Hotels in Diamantina
- Transportation in Diamantina
- Warnings and Dangers in Diamantina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Diamantina
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Diamantina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Diamantina
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos