"GRAMADO - Rio Grande do Sul- BraSil" Gramado by pepples46

a different view of Brasil

from Boa Vista do Herval through the Serra Geral to Gramado

weather in Brasil
tempoagora

an Entrance like this Gate, finished 1972, makes one think being in a complete different country, Black Forest springs to mind, which is of course the intention.the first immigrants from Germany arrived 1954. hart work and initiative as well as a lot of imagination made Gramado what it is today, the Crown jewel of the south of Brazil

City of Hortensias

• In a nutshell:it's so different, but that's the diversity called: BraSil
  • Intro Updated Feb 19, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 1:15 AM

Love that photo of Caracol! Nice pages P! Blu

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 9:49 PM

This Gramado certainly is unique and seems so different than other towns in Brazil. Enjoyed your insights, descriptions, and stunning photos. I take it you stayed with friends?

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Gosh I am getting old..there's been 15 years I do not go to Gramado!!! I must go back, it is one of the most beautifuel cities in the South!

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 2:30 PM

Looks delish :))))

• amy312's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 7:21 AM

You mentioned my photo of Chapada dos Guimaraes looked like Caracol de canela, and now I see why! Your photos & descriptions of southern Brazil are excellent, and I'll be checking your page frequently as I plan a trip to Parana & Santa Catarina! Thanks!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2004 at 2:39 PM

Brasil was not a highlight for me ! But yr info is great - as always ! greets from Belgica

• ahoerner's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 9:17 PM

unfortunately I have my pics of Gramado and Canela in Brazil... my related page will then have to wait to be ready... nice time there. Alex

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 10:38 AM

The photo of the waterfall is amazing! - This region reminds me a bit on the Black Forest in BaWü.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 2:58 AM

Great and I believe unique place in Brazil! Fantastic pictures! Thanks a lot for sharing, Wal :-)

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2004 at 2:22 AM

A very nice place. Hortensias are my favourites.

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Gramado

Have you been to Gramado?

Latest Activity in Gramado