"MARIANA" Mariana by pepples46
Mariana Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 109 photos
called the...cradle of a new civilisation, in a new Country and witness of culture and history of Minas Gerais and Brasil.
1711 it became the first City and Capital, which it had to surrender to Vila Rica...Ouro Preto in 1720
Mariana is generously laid out, cobbled stone streets, architecture mineiro witness of enourmes wealth in those days through its fine Churches and Buildings.
Mariana builds a triangle relationship with Ouro Preto and Congonhas, and all in closer vicinity to Belo Horizonte
the royal trail map, from Rio de Janeiro around 400km or Parati ...to all the oldest Cities of Brasil in colonial times, from Belo Horizonte just some meager 100km
- In a nutshell:before Ouro Preto, there was Mariana, the most importand colonial City in Brasil
if you are in the area of Ouro Preto, Mariana, Sao Joao del Rey....Congonhas would close the circle to view the... more travel advice
don't miss out on Ouro Preto, the Jewel of colonial Brasil. or better when in Ouro Preto, Mariana should not be missed.... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Mariana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MARIANA : An "elegant lady""
- "TO VISIT MARIANA:A TRIP TO BRAZILIAN HISTORY"
- "** Mariana , Queen of Gold **"
- "Mariana - another historical city"
- "A Jewel near Ouro Preto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mariana
- Hotels in Mariana
- Transportation in Mariana
- Restaurants in Mariana
- Warnings and Dangers in Mariana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mariana
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mariana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mariana
Photos in MarianaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos