"NOVO HAMBURGO" Novo Hamburgo by pepples46
Novo Hamburgo Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 41 photos
this page is more about the Countryside, the surroundings of Novo Hamburgo..which is regarded the Capital of the Region
Vale dos Sinos.
from the Countryside going to Town, we always looked forwards to that, Novo Hamburgo has a great feel about and friends made us always welcome
Santa Maria do Herval
Population 220 000 on an Area of 217km.First Immigrants arrived from Germany 1824
Novo Hamburgo is the Maincenter for Shoes. 80% goes into Export. Being situated on a main route BR 116, Novo Hamburgo has all infrastructure in place.
40km north of Porto Alegre and 1500km south of Rio de Janeiro.
yep it is a long stretch by Bus on the Road, but of course you can fly into P.A. and have connection by car or Bus. Renting a Car or 4X4 won't break your Bank Account. all mayor Rentelcars are situated at the Airport in P.A.
Mayor Creditcards are accepted and Travelercheques are very welcome.
a little portugues or spanish takes you long way. or just polish of your german..many people speak in this part of Brazil.
When one is already travelling Uruguay or Argentina, take a sidetrip to Rio Grande do Sul..it is worthwhile!!
- In a nutshell:more than just a pretty place, it has been my home away from home
the Friend I told you about ...just moved into his brandnew Appartment House...times sure do not stand still, he assured... more travel advice
Rio Grande do Sul is as big as the State of Texas, has a good roadsystem but Public Transport is sparse always was.... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Novo Hamburgo Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Novo Hamburgo
- Hotels in Novo Hamburgo
- Transportation in Novo Hamburgo
- Restaurants in Novo Hamburgo
- Shopping in Novo Hamburgo
- Warnings and Dangers in Novo Hamburgo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Novo Hamburgo
- 15 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Novo Hamburgo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Novo Hamburgo
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos