Andernach Favorite Tips by pepples46
Andernach Favorites: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Favorite thing: is over 2000 years old and one of the oldest in Germany. founded by the Romans..12 A.D..Andunnacum, fronteir Garrison and former roman bath for soldiers who where stationed in this part of Germanica.
the Limes Germanicus..like the Hadrian Wall in England, marking the roman empire, keeping the Natives separated. if you are interested in ancient history, try the link below.
I like the great walkways around the Rine Promenade or at the Hill's overlooking the Town.
cross the Rhine and discover a Village called Leutesdorf, Vinyards, Abbey and great Restaurants.the ride takes only 10min
Fondest memory: I was born here, later had my first apprenticship, then job, in my spare time I tried hart to become a good Track&Field Athlet..I think I did not too shabby!!
Stadt Burg..City Castle
Favorite thing: as I use to call my Birthplace, has seen many comings and goings, she became prettier each year I've known her, overcame so many bad times, protected its people with walls so thick, housing has been taken up in them..to these days, and the people always have taken care of her, proud calling her our home. not to proud though, sometimes at odds with her, sometimes leaving her...still, she always has a place in my heart!
along the River Rhein, Andernach has arguably one of the most beautiful Rhein -Promenades. Great Icecream parlors, fine Cafes and Restaurants alongside.
the Ferry still crosses the Rhein to bring passengers and Cars to the right side of the River..Leutesdorf, a neat, wee Vineyard Village,a Cloister, very much frequented by people who seek some quite and peace.
Fondest memory: I done it ones, a whole week of silence in Leutesdorf..I could not shut up for a whole Month..well, just kidding.
More Reviews (16)
- See All Burg Namedy
- See All and along the River
- Bukowski, Charles
pepples46's Related Pages
Andernach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A finish to the Maria Laach day"
- "more info"
- "Oh, to be in Andernach again!"
- "Andernach: a fantastic medieval town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andernach
- Hotels in Andernach
- Transportation in Andernach
- Restaurants in Andernach
- Warnings and Dangers in Andernach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jim Thorpe Hotels
- Sunnyside Hotels
- Ashland Hotels
- Scotland Hotels
Badges & Stats in Andernach
- 18 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Andernach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andernach
Photos in AndernachSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (71)
Latest Andernach hotel reviews
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2011