"ANDERNACH am Rhein" Andernach by pepples46

Andernach Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 50 photos

quaint little Town

and the Rhein has become cleaner. frequented by the Swans again..and fish to be had from the River.
Andernach, the sweet little Town by the River is actually a very old Girl...around 2400 years.
the Celts, the Romans all thought this is a neat place, stayed a while and when moving on, leaving the culture behind, the arts, architecture and the whole way of life.
a wonderful area of Germany, will always be dear to my heart

relaxing moments at the Market Square, have a coffee some cake or just a beer...Koenigsbacher is very good..for a short history, look up the webpage

ANDERNACH

die KoelnDuesseldorferRheinschifffahrtsgesellschaft....well, just say it loud!!
where the Cruise ships arrive and depart. one of the many activities Andernach has to offer
the River a lifestream and importand part of the Town.
the other one is the railway, from Mainz to the dutch border, worth a ride....on the left side, upstream, very scenic

• Pros:I am very bias
  • Cons:..thats why I can't think of any
  • In a nutshell:it's one of those quaint places in Germany, one won't forgett in a hurry
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2006 at 12:04 AM

The Rhine towns are so beautiful - one day I need to go and explore all the castles and cafes and beer fests :-) And of course geology and the lava history :-) Scahd, soweit sind wir nicht gekommen :-)

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 5:41 PM

I do feel I've been here. What a nice place to have been born in.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 2:06 AM

A walk through the forest and then a cold beer... just perfect :~)

• wish-nu's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 2:48 PM

I read old Buk is born in Germany, nice Town

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Your love for Andernach really shows through on this page! As you say, she 'may be an Old Girl', but you certainly are not! Happy birthday Waltraud!!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 6:12 AM

Nice! I went past by train once and liked the look of it so I hope to get here one day.

• nipper1's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 4:51 PM

your place of birth looks realy beautiful pepps, never thought the River Rhine could be that furious.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2005 at 2:27 AM

the more I travel to germany, the more I love it

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 9:55 AM

I didn't know that Bukowski was born in A. Bei uns war Andernach noch wegen des Nervenkrankenhauses bekannt....., lol

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 4:59 AM

I didn't know there were volcanic lakes there. Lunch on the Rhein sounds wonderful. A beautiful region, you sold me with the ice cream parlors:-).

pepples46 Was Born Here!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Andernach

Have you been to Andernach?

Latest Activity in Andernach