"ANDERNACH am Rhein" Andernach by pepples46
Andernach Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 60 photos
Andernach, the sweet little Town by the River is actually a very old Girl...around 2400 years.
the Celts, the Romans all thought this is a neat place, stayed a while and when moving on, leaving the culture behind, the arts, architecture and the whole way of life.
a wonderful area of Germany, will always be dear to my heart
relaxing moments at the Market Square, have a coffee some cake or just a beer...Koenigsbacher is very good..for a short history, look up the webpage
die KoelnDuesseldorferRheinschifffahrtsgesellschaft....well, just say it loud!!
where the Cruise ships arrive and depart. one of the many activities Andernach has to offer
the River a lifestream and importand part of the Town.
the other one is the railway, from Mainz to the dutch border, worth a ride....on the left side, upstream, very scenic
- Pros:I am very bias
- Cons:..thats why I can't think of any
- In a nutshell:it's one of those quaint places in Germany, one won't forgett in a hurry
the Water Castle of Namedy was build in the 15th century and rebuild and refurbished after WW II to reach over the B 9,... more travel advice
Andernach had always its fair share with flooding, when the winter ends, the ice melts, the river rises......boy its no... more travel advice
pepples46's Related Pages
Andernach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A finish to the Maria Laach day"
- "more info"
- "Oh, to be in Andernach again!"
- "Andernach: a fantastic medieval town"
- "Andernach, DE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andernach
- Hotels in Andernach
- Transportation in Andernach
- Restaurants in Andernach
- Warnings and Dangers in Andernach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andernach
- 18 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Andernach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andernach
Photos in AndernachSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 57 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 54 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Island Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aranui Intro, 37 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Brighton Intro, 29 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- South America Intro, 31 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Alegre Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paraguay Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos