"Stirling" Stirling by husain
Stirling Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 793 photos
Much of Scotland's history has been played out at Stirling. Control was wrested and regained from the English several times- around the 13th century and some famous battles were fought at and around Stirling, one of the former capitals of the `Kingdom of Scotland', including the Battle of Stirling Bridge, where William `Braveheart' Wallace, led the Scots to a famous victory in 1297.
I didnt have Stirling on my map when i visited my cousin in Scotland, and i`m glad my brother in law and she, bought me here, or else i would have missed out on a lot of what constitutes Scotland
Stirling castle is probably one of the best and most evocative castles i have visited.
- In a nutshell:a must visit for anyone interested in Scottish history
The M80 is the best option for the fastest route between Stirling and Glasgow. Travel time is less than an hour. Several... more travel advice
The monument to William `Braveheart' Wallace, one of the symbols of Scottish pride and fredom over the years. He led the... more travel advice
husain's Related Pages
Stirling Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stirling - Historic Old Scotland"
- "William Wallace was taller than Mel Gibson, y'know"
- "Stirling Nine Hundred Years of History"
- "HISTORIC STIRLING"
- "VT-meeting in Stirling"
- "Stirling--a wonderful day & a chilling night"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stirling
- Hotels in Stirling
- Transportation in Stirling
- Nightlife in Stirling
- Restaurants in Stirling
- Shopping in Stirling
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stirling
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Stirling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stirling
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 120 reviews, 393 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 80 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 33 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ladakh Range Intro, 18 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Afghanistan Intro, 10 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uttarkashi Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos