"Dilli..." Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi by husain
Delhi Travel Guide: 1,812 reviews and 4,688 photos
Delhi, India's capital city, a city that has seen the rise and fall of several dynasties, and a place i`ve called `home' for nearly 20 years, exists in two time zones... One thats part of the 21st century, and the other that has remained uncanged for hundreds of years. The city is a mix of modern structures that exist alongside monuments that are well over a thousand years old.
The history, the culture and now all the rapid changes, reflect to the world where India stands today- at the crossroads- somewhere between the traditional and the modern... and that make Delhi a fascinating city to be a part of.
For more related information and pictures, you can check out My India page too
The recent commonwealth games (oct 2010) held in the city have left a mark on its landscape...
A lot of new infrastructure has come up, new stadiums for sports, more metro train lines, a new airport, etc.
Its still work in progress though. A lot of games related projects, plus new metro lines etc still remain to be built/finished... its an ever changing city.
Delhi has seen the rise and fall of several empires and is therefore littered with some amazing monuments, which sometimes we almost tend to take for granted and that date from the 1st century AD or earlier, to the days of the British raj. Its a typical scene to see modern buildings exist right beside ones that are over a thousand years old.
- Pros:the layers of history, and the hills are never too far...
- Cons:the summer heat, and scams to beware for first timers
- In a nutshell:it could take time, but it grows on you
The Govt run/owned Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has been phasing out the old busses and replacing them with... more travel advice
The Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC), along with the Archeological Survey of India (ASI), set about rennovating the... more travel advice
- See All Designerwear
- See All The new club in town...
- See All Drinking water...
- See All Finding that hotel...
- See All Humayuns Tomb...
husain's Related Pages
Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Delhi"
- "Capital city of India Delle"
- "Like the cats, this city had seven lives"
- "Shahjahanabad, as old as its history ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delhi
- Hotels in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- Nightlife in Delhi
- Restaurants in Delhi
- Shopping in Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delhi
- 120 Reviews
- 390 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 267 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delhi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 120 reviews, 393 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 80 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 33 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ladakh Range Intro, 18 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Afghanistan Intro, 10 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uttarkashi Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos