"Definately once in your lifetime!" Ladakh Range by husain
Ladakh Range Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 618 photos
I was visiting Ladakh for the second time while shooting `Mission Udaan' with the Indian Airforce. It probably was one of the bits i most looked fwd to on that shoot...
We actually visited twice, the first time, i was lucky enough to take in some absolutely incredible views while sitting in the navigators cabin in a IL76 transport aircraft. Its located just under the cockpit and gives you a glass front and looking down- a birds eye view of the mountains, glaciers, frozen lakes etc... we went up to Thoise, and returned the same day.
The second time was in an An32 transport, the workhorse of the IAF. We flew into Leh this time, and stayed there for about 4 days, including a visit to the Siachen glacier, sometimes refered to as `the highest battlefield in the world'
Ladakh was a place about which i`d constantly hear about from my friends who`d been there. I saw their pictures, and that kept adding to the temptation. And whats more, it was just a short flight away from Delhi- and you get transported into another world... Just didnt manage to make the trip happen for one reason or another for all those years.
Finally, this time, in 2002 august, it all came together for me and a bunch of us packed our cameras and our bags and set off...
The pic- lake Tso Moriri- 28 kms long and 4600 meters above sea level.
Definately worth a trip, to see the landscape at its stunning best...
- Cons:you`ll have too many questions about your urban lifestyle, as soon as you`re back!
- In a nutshell:Just go!
The geography of ladakh means that the winters can get quite cold. Most of the region lies at 12,000 feet/ 3,500 meters... more travel advice
From Leh, you can take a day tour of the monasterys nearby. Among them- Thiksey, Hemis and Shey. Most of these are... more travel advice
- See All Campsite by the lake
- rafting on the indus
- See All Hiring a taxi in Ladakh is...
husain's Related Pages
Ladakh Range Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the world at the end of the world"
- "Behind the Himalayas"
- "LADAKH, you can touch the Sky!"
- "Ladakh, Small Tibet"
- "Heaven on Earth ~~~Ladakh"
- "Walking on the Moon?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ladakh Range
- Hotels in Ladakh Range
- Transportation in Ladakh Range
- Nightlife in Ladakh Range
- Restaurants in Ladakh Range
- Shopping in Ladakh Range
- Warnings and Dangers in Ladakh Range
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ladakh Range
- 18 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Ladakh Range?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ladakh Range
Photos in Ladakh RangeSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 120 reviews, 393 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 80 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 33 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ladakh Range Intro, 18 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Afghanistan Intro, 10 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uttarkashi Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos