"On the Buddhist trail: Sarnath" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarnath by husain
Sarnath Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 227 photos
A visit to Sarnath in Feb this year (2007) was my third trip. This time, i was shooting a travel show called `Luxury India'.
Sarnath, being the place where the Buddha preached his first sermon, after attaining enlightenment, is a very important place for pilgrimage for Buddhists from around the world. Its located a few kilometers away from Varanasi.
The Mulagandha Kuti Vihar is a relatively recent addition to the list of Buddhist temples at Sarnath.
There are several stupas, monasteries and an Ashokan column at the site adjacent to the Mulgandha kuti Vihara Temple,... more travel advice
An interesting place to check out in Sarnath is the Japanese temple. A very typically Japanese design, its a bit odd to... more travel advice
husain's Related Pages
Sarnath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Sarnath"
- "Sarnath - where Buddha preached his first sermon"
- "The Holy land of Buddha"
- "On the Buddhist trail: Sarnath"
- "sandravdp's new Sarnath Page"
- "Boeddhas preaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sarnath
- Hotels in Sarnath
- Transportation in Sarnath
- Nightlife in Sarnath
- Restaurants in Sarnath
- Shopping in Sarnath
- Warnings and Dangers in Sarnath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarnath
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Sarnath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarnath
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 120 reviews, 393 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 80 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 33 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ladakh Range Intro, 18 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Afghanistan Intro, 10 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uttarkashi Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos