"`Paradise on Earth'" Top 5 Page for this destination Srinagar by husain
Srinagar Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 578 photos
Back from another tv assignment in Kashmir.
This time it was something less political. Strange as that may sound for the region... It was about cricket, and the Indian teams much awaited tour across the border in March... We managed to visit some interesting locations too- the border area between India and Pakistan - or the LOC as its better known.
Theres content waiting to be uploaded-updated from my three trips to the region, but i`ve been busy travelling. Will be doing it by and by.
The Kashmir valley is one of three regions of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh and Jammu bieng the others.
Kashmir has, in the past, been referred to as `the most dangerous place in the world'. Perhaps there is some truth to that, but there is no doubting the beauty of this amazing place.
However, the recent past the valley has seen a much more peaceful and stable scenario, and there have been many tourists returning. Kashmir is finding favour gradually, and once again, as one of India's top tourist destinations...
- Pros:incredibly beautiful and tourism is back!
- Cons:under the shadow of a seperatist movement and the resulting unstability
- In a nutshell:lots of places waiting to be rediscovered... few tourists can be a good thing too?
traditional kahwa (tea) + biscuits/cakes and other snacks, are served (very generously) at every house if you visit a... more travel advice
One experience thats definately not something to miss is a ride along the backwaters of the Dal lake on a shikara... The... more travel advice
husain's Related Pages
Srinagar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Srinagar - Lake City of the Himalayas"
- "Srinagar, Kashmir"
- "`Paradise on Earth'"
- "Perhaps the friendliest city in India!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Srinagar
- Hotels in Srinagar
- Transportation in Srinagar
- Nightlife in Srinagar
- Restaurants in Srinagar
- Shopping in Srinagar
- Warnings and Dangers in Srinagar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Srinagar
- 11 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Srinagar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Srinagar
Photos in SrinagarSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 120 reviews, 393 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 169 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 80 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 33 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ladakh Range Intro, 18 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Afghanistan Intro, 10 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uttarkashi Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos