"It's Peanutty!" Suffolk by soccergrrl
Suffolk Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos
Last year my husband, parents, and I visited my sister and brother-in-law in their new hometown of Suffolk, VA. It's a small town just southeast of Norfolk (in fact, my sister lives much closer to downtown Norfolk than downtown Suffolk--which is a good thing). Anyhoo, we discovered a great small-town-America-type festival called Peanutfest! It is an annual event celebrating one of Virginia's biggest crops: peanuts! It is held at the local airfield. There are crafts, tons of food, all the free peanuts you can eat (more than that, really), and . . . a peanutbutter sculpture contest! The dates are October 11-14, 2002 . Visit www.suffolkfest.org/peanut for more info!
WE DID IT! Back to Peanutfest this year, but it was smaller and not as much fun. Plus, the weather was pretty crappy the day we went. Nonetheless, here are some photos!
The sign says it all. Inside the tent you could learn all about the peanut plant and even get one to take home and plant in your garden. (I didn't take one; I have enough problems with squirrels as it is!)
The famous Mr. Peanut, from Planters Nuts, welcomes allcomers to Peanutfest 2002.
- Cons:Downtown Suffolk is not the most attractive, or safest, place.
- In a nutshell:It certainly is--LOL!!!
soccergrrl's Related Pages
Suffolk Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Suffolk
- 1 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Suffolk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suffolk
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Capon Bridge Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mount Charleston Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues