"West Jefferson, NC" West Jefferson by soccergrrl
West Jefferson Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 28 photos
I went with a long-time friend and her son to visit her father in West Jefferson, NC. It's a small town nestled in the mountains in the northwest part of the state, very close to the Virginia border (and not very far from Tennessee, either). Have a look at my travelogue and see what the immediate area looks like.
The town itself is undergoing a bit of resurgence, thanks to an influx of artists drawn to the remote beauty of the countryside and the availability of buildings for galleries and studios.
There are several cute cafes and coffee shops in town, a cheap movie theater, some wonderful shops, and the only cheese factory in the state (Ashe County Cheese; you can shop in their store or go across the street to their observation room to watch the cheese being made).
You can visit my Chimney Rock, NC page for travelogues about the park, or my North Carolina "main" page for a travelogue of our drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Pros:Small town, beautiful setting, close to outdoor activities
- Cons:If you're looking for hot nightlife, this probably isn't for you
- In a nutshell:Friendly, pretty, and homey.
This is an Army Corps of Engineers project in Wilkes County, NC. There are lots of recreational opportunities around... more travel advice
Written Nov 18, 2002
Around West Jefferson
Written Nov 18, 2002
A Trip to W. Kerr Scott Dam & Reservoir
soccergrrl's Related Pages
West Jefferson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West Jefferson, NC"
- "A trip to the simpler life"
- "When you have not much to do..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Jefferson
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to West Jefferson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Jefferson
Photos in West JeffersonSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Capon Bridge Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mount Charleston Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues