"The Truth about Travelling" bobbert's Profile
Since I am struck by the often grossly unrealistic depictions of what travelling entails displayed on the VT website, I have taken it upon me to tell The Truth about Travelling.
I hope this can serve as a warning for yet unexperienced travellers, who are thinking about going on their first trip. The truth is, whatever people say to the contrary, travelling is not much fun.
There are many times--especially when travelling meant getting up at four in the morning, being cold, being hungry and not being able to find a place to eat, or being crammed in means ot transport with all kinds of creatures in various degrees of living around you--I have cursed myself for not having stayed at home, safely near the fireplace reading books or something. But still....soon after I return home, things begin to itch again (and I am not strictly referring to any travel-related diseases here). Let's face it; travelling is an addiction.
We have all been there....And we will all be leaving again.....
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 42 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- bobbert and kenyneo are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Croatia Forum "RE: RE: beaches?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hongkie Kongkie"
- updated a Hong Kong Travel Page "Hongkie Kongkie"
- Wrote a Review Avoid in Nijmegen Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "The Truth about Travelling"
- Commented on one of victorwkf's Mauritius travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Madagascar Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 13 reviews, 1 photo
- Morocco Intro, 13 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mahébourg Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turkey Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Romania Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Reunion Intro, 1 review, 4 photos