"The Truth about Travelling" bobbert's Profile

travelling is no fun

Since I am struck by the often grossly unrealistic depictions of what travelling entails displayed on the VT website, I have taken it upon me to tell The Truth about Travelling.
I hope this can serve as a warning for yet unexperienced travellers, who are thinking about going on their first trip. The truth is, whatever people say to the contrary, travelling is not much fun.
There are many times--especially when travelling meant getting up at four in the morning, being cold, being hungry and not being able to find a place to eat, or being crammed in means ot transport with all kinds of creatures in various degrees of living around you--I have cursed myself for not having stayed at home, safely near the fireplace reading books or something. But still....soon after I return home, things begin to itch again (and I am not strictly referring to any travel-related diseases here). Let's face it; travelling is an addiction.
We have all been there....And we will all be leaving again.....

• Intro Updated Jul 2, 2005

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 6:33 PM

Happy New Year to you and may good health and happiness be with you always ....and not forgeting a thousand beautiful journeys ahead :-)

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 2:37 PM

Happy Birthday from sunny Spain, haver a great day. lina

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Happy Birthday from Florida!!

• Aug 2, 2005 at 2:40 AM

Happy Birthday n many happy returns of the day. May all your dreams come true. Enjoy your special day n have loads of fun. Cheers :0)

• TravelSimone's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 1:12 PM

Bravo! Your homepage is the best I've read so far.

• dnwitte's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 6:42 PM

At last, someone who understands. Hot, tired, hungry, footsore, and still we go. How do we explain this to those who don't get it?

• JourneyOf1's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 11:59 AM

Rather true when you think about it. If I have to travel by car, usually I refuse to go on the trip, especially long ones. Seeing new places is fun, or revisiting old ones also, getting there isn't nearly so *g* >>>Greetz, Yvette

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2004 at 7:56 AM

You might be right, I don't like to stay 10 hours in an airplane.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 8:17 PM

Cool candor. You left out the automatic weight loss associated with 3rd world travel. What you just described is part of what wakes us up and reminds us we're alive. Tks for pysching me into anticipation of my next trip...whenever and wherever...

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 12:19 PM

This intro is so right :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bobbert's Profile Photo

bobbert

“happiness is overrated, (but so am I)”

Real Name