"Intro to my travel pages" datapanik's Profile

Introduction

Welcome to the intro to my travel pages. These pages have been created with the intention of sharing information and photographs from my travels which I hope may be useful to anyone planning visits to the same places. My travels are also documented for my own benefit too as a back-up to my progressively ailing memory which I can refresh by going online here!

I love travelling and the sense of freedom it creates by offering an opportunity to explore new places, experience new cultures and meet new people and an escape from day-to-day mundanity.

Regards to all.

Flying

I used to agree with the observation that half the enjoyment of travelling is in the journey. This can still be true but when it comes to flying things seem to have changed - what was once an enjoyable experience has now become a tedious chore thanks to the ever-increasing numbers of people flying, queues, airport security and delays.

There is also a strong environmental case against flying considering the output of carbon emissions from aircraft. Maybe we should start letting the train take the strain!

• Intro Updated Mar 11, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
datapanik's Profile Photo

datapanik

“It's going to take a bit longer than 80 days!”

Real Name