"Hylpen" Hindeloopen by Xefian
Hindeloopen Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Located on the Isslmeer,Hindeloopen is a real charmer of a small town. Its one of the "Elfsteden" of Fryslan. and would be a pleasant stop on any visit to the Netherlands.
With a population of around 800 people ,and maybe as many boats,it boasts direct acccess to the Meer,and has a bustling harbor.
The town is referred to as Hylpen (its name in Frisian ) by natives, and resembles an Anton Pieck picture come to life, with its tidy quaint streets, picuresque canals, and feeling of another era.
Between Hylpen and Stavoren is a small road . With sheep / dijk /and Isselmeer to one side. About half way between the... more travel advice
Hindeloopen has a unique style of wood painting that can be found throughout Fryslan. It involves rather intricately... more travel advice
Xefian's Related Pages
Hindeloopen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hindeloopen
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hindeloopen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hindeloopen
Photos in HindeloopenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Valkenburg Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Bourtange Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Hindeloopen Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Hamm Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Appingedam Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Leiden Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Xanten Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Schieder-Schwalenberg Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.