"Sneek" Sneek by Xefian
Sneek Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 95 photos
We spent a couple days in Sneek in June 2005 , and had visited in previous years. Sneek is one of the "Elfsteden" of Fryslan,and is a bustling city which would appeal to the Watersports enthusiest ,the history buff, or one who just wants to see a part of the Netherlands thats a bit off the beaten path ,at least as far as American tourists are concerned.
Sneek is perhaps best known for its famous Waterpoort...but somehow we managed to not get any pix of this landmark, but the picture above was taken FROM that spot...which one can often find deserted...
As you can see from the top picture Sneek is undergoing some Urban Renewal...some of it is just the Brickwork that is common in Dutch cities, some a bit less routine...trees are being planted , whole blocks are being refurbished, and it looks like a good plan...will be interested in visiting again in a year or so to see how it all turns out... Theres still plenty of Historical , and architectural interest in Sneek... Also we were told by people that Sneek is the "Hip-Hop capital of the Netherlands" ...we heard some Dutch language rap, and apart from understanding only a few percent of the lyrics, I liked it ...All in all Sneek was a nice stop on our ongoing exploration if the Nstherlands
Xefian's Related Pages
Sneek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BBC's World Top 10 Watersports destination"
- "Nantosvelta's new Leeuwarden Page"
- "Known for its famous Waterpoort."
- "Sneek, or Snits as the Frysians call it ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sneek
- Hotels in Sneek
- Transportation in Sneek
- Restaurants in Sneek
- Shopping in Sneek
- Warnings and Dangers in Sneek
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sneek
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sneek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sneek
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Valkenburg Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Bourtange Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Hindeloopen Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Hamm Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Appingedam Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Leiden Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Xanten Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Schieder-Schwalenberg Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.