Kals-am Großglockner Things to Do Tips by Ash59
Kals-am Großglockner Things to Do: 18 reviews and 67 photos
We were told that this was a majic lake.
Why, we all asked.
Well, it's majic because if a man is stupid enough to take a swim, the he will majically come out a woman.
Don't get it? Well, just think how cold that lake must be, sitting high up in the mountains with snow melt running into it all the time..........
Swarovski Crystal viewing point
When you arrive at the car park, you will want to stretch out all the kinks that sitting down for such a long time, gave you. Don't worry, you will get plenty of exercise to loosen up your muscles. From the end of the road, you have a choice and either choice means walking.
You can either walk straight on, along a fairly level road to access the Glacier or, you could climb upward on the tarmac'd pathway to go to the Swarovski Crystal viewing point.
Whichever you choose, remember that you are approx 2400mtr (7,700ft) above sea level viewing a mountain 3791mtr (12,430ft) high and the air is thinner than you would normally be used to, so take your time as you will tire quickly.
Directions: The picture is taken half way up to the Crystal viewing point, which you can see on the right of the of the picture. You can just see the flat walk to the Glacier bottom, middle of the photo.
More Reviews (4)
Ash59's Related Pages
Kals-am Großglockner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country"
- "Austria's Highest Mountain"
- "Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria"
- "Fresh air, mountains, great sceneries"
- "Grossglockner Glacier"
- "Leaving the valley !"
- "A journey to the south, stopover Grossglockner..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kals-am Großglockner
- Transportation in Kals-am Großglockner
- Restaurants in Kals-am Großglockner
- Shopping in Kals-am Großglockner
- Warnings and Dangers in Kals-am Großglockner
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hampton Beach Hotels
- Pulau Pisang Hotels
- Morro Bay Hotels
- Gastonia Hotels
Badges & Stats in Kals-am Großglockner
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kals-am Großglockner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kals-am Großglockner
Photos in Kals-am GroßglocknerSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.