"Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria" Top 5 Page for this destination Kals-am Großglockner by Ash59
Kals-am Großglockner Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 160 photos
Grossglockner is the highest mountain in Austria, weighing at 3,791mtr (12,430 ft) high. At its base lies the Pasterze Glacier which is the largest glacier in the eastern Alps and it is 9km (5.5miles) long. Once you reach the mountain, you can access the glacier by means of a funicular, which is available every day from 8am to 4pm.
The trip up the Grossglocknerstrasse to the mountain and glacier is a long one but it is well worth the trip for the exhilarating views over, around and through loads of mountains and lakes.
As you can see from the picture, we were high enough to be amongst the clouds for some of the time. Certainly made for some beautiful photos!
- Pros:Breath taking views
- Cons:Long road trip to see this place
- In a nutshell:Beautiful!
This trip has to be taken by road along the Grossglocknerstrasse (Route 107). If you get travel sickness, then make sure... more travel advice
Clean air, beautiful views, what more can you ask for. Well, its lovely for a while but if you get bored, have a look... more travel advice
Ash59's Related Pages
Kals-am Großglockner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country"
- "Austria's Highest Mountain"
- "Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria"
- "Wonderful view of Austria's highest mountain"
- "Fresh air, mountains, great sceneries"
- "Grossglockner Glacier"
- "Leaving the valley !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kals-am Großglockner
- Transportation in Kals-am Großglockner
- Restaurants in Kals-am Großglockner
- Shopping in Kals-am Großglockner
- Warnings and Dangers in Kals-am Großglockner
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kals-am Großglockner
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Kals-am Großglockner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kals-am Großglockner
Photos in Kals-am GroßglocknerSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.