"Falmouth" Top 5 Page for this destination Falmouth by Ash59
Falmouth Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 87 photos
Falmouth has the third largest harbour in the world, after Rio de Janeiro and Sydney. Quite a reputation for a small town in the "off the beaten path" County of Cornwall. The harbour, which dates from the 18th century, handles 100,000 tonnes of cargo a year, as well as playing host to over 10,000 cruise liner passengers. There is mooring for upto 850 boats which, if laid end to end, would make a floating bridge 5km long.
I have been to Falmouth before and wandered its narrow streets and peered into its quaint shops but never took any pictures then so I have none to show you, this time round.
The reason that we visited this time was to have a quick look at the newly built National Maritime Museum. Quick look? Thats a laugh, we spent 5 hours there! Take a look at my must see information to find out more about this place.
- Cons:Very busy in the summer
- In a nutshell:Quaint, Cornish town aspiring to be something
As you wander around town, you may spot this tower, high up on the hill, overlooking the area. This octagonal tower was... more travel advice
The museum also has a viewing tower. I took the picture of Falmouth Harbour from the top of it but there is something... more travel advice
Ash59's Related Pages
Falmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Falmouth for tourists"
- "A bustling town with a Great Castle...."
- "Falmouth , UK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Falmouth
- Hotels in Falmouth
- Transportation in Falmouth
- Nightlife in Falmouth
- Restaurants in Falmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Falmouth
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Falmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Falmouth
Photos in FalmouthSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.