"The Port of Folkestone" Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone by Ash59
Folkestone Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 200 photos
Personally, I can't see that there is much to recommend about Folkestone although it always seems to be extremely busy when ever I visit. If you go down to the harbour area you will find lots of seafood stalls (I am told that the standard of the seafood is quite good - I wouldn't know, I don't like the stuff) and a walk along the quay side will take you to a small sandy beach that is well used during the summer months.
The reason I am adding Folkestone into my information is because there are a couple of places close by that are of interest; The Battle of Britain Memorial, Little Switzerland and the Cliff Top Cafe.
This small Cafe has seats for about 30 people inside and 30 outside. During good weather, the best place to be is... more travel advice
The memorial car park is supposed to be open between April and September but the grounds are administered by a Charity... more travel advice
Ash59's Related Pages
Folkestone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY HOME TOWN"
- "Folkestone... Near Dover!"
- "Grappling with Folkestone"
- "The Port of Folkestone"
- "Nice Folkes"
- "Folkestone Kent"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Folkestone
- Hotels in Folkestone
- Transportation in Folkestone
- Nightlife in Folkestone
- Restaurants in Folkestone
- Shopping in Folkestone
- Warnings and Dangers in Folkestone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Folkestone
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Folkestone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Folkestone
Photos in FolkestoneSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues