"The Church on the Beach" Gunwalloe by Ash59
Gunwalloe Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
If you look carefully at the picture, you will see a Church tucked away into the sand dunes on the far side of the cove with a tower beside it.
At one time, this sandy cove had a small community of people living here, which is why the Church is here now.
You might notice the hedge around the Church. This is on top of a manmade barrier that protects the Church from high tides and storms that occasional happen. From time to time, this barrier has to be repaired due to the fercocity of some storms!
Normally, a Church would have the bell tower built onto the Church. To protect this bell tower from the aforementioned storms, this one was built slightly away from the Church and into the surrounding granite hill.
- In a nutshell:Lovely Beach, lonely during winter time
Ash59's Related Pages
Gunwalloe Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gunwalloe
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Gunwalloe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gunwalloe
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.