"The wonderful Falls of Iguazu" Parque Nacional del Iguazù by Ash59
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide: 399 reviews and 1,166 photos
We spent two wonderful days at the Iguazu falls and would happily have spent several more days there.
The area around the falls is sub-tropical rain forest (a sub tropical rain forest allows light to reach the forest floor so that greenery can grow from the ground up; a tropical rain forest doesn't let any light through so new greenery really struggles to get a hold). The forest is within a National Park of 75,000 km2, most of which is not accessible. The parts that are, can only be accessed via pre-determined paths and walkways, all of which eventually lead to the falls.
The falls that you see in the last photo is only part of the picture. The view is a closup taken from the Sheraton Hotel in the National park and it shows the area of the falls called the Devils Throat. As you look at the picture, the area to the left is Brazil and the area to the right is Argentina. The river that supplies the falls and separates the two countries is called the Iguazu river, which flows on to join the Parana River.
Depending on the water level, you can see anywhere between 160 and 500 falls, with an average flow at a rate of 1500 cubic meters of water per second. Thats a lot of water! You can see the width of the falls in this picture. Iguazú National Park was created in 1934 and was declared a World Heritage Site in 1984 owing to its beautiful landscapes and large biodiversity of the subtropical forest.
More information on Iguazu Falls can be found at the official argentinian website: - www.iguazuargentina.com/
- Pros:Lots of different views of the falls
- Cons:Extemely warm and sticky!
- In a nutshell:Thought Niagra was great but this is better!
If you decide to do the lower walk, as you reach the end, you will come across a stall where you can pay to ride the... more travel advice
With the sun beating down and the spray coming from the falls, you may well not realise that you are getting sunburned.... more travel advice
Written Nov 21, 2006
Iguazu Falls Views
Written Nov 21, 2006
Iguazu Falls at Sunrise
Ash59's Related Pages
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iguazu Falls - The World's Most Spectacular!"
- "Falling Water . . ."
- "An amazing experience at Iguazu Falls"
- "The End of the Rainbow"
- "Finally to the Falls"
- "Devil's Throat - Garganta del Diablo"
- "Yguazù : Agua grande !!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Hotels in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Transportation in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Shopping in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- 8 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Parque Nacional del Iguazù?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
Photos in Parque Nacional del IguazùSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.