"Kernow Istorek (Historic Cornwall)" Cornwall by Ash59
Cornwall Travel Guide: 1,774 reviews and 4,758 photos
Now how can I describe Cornwall? Cornwall is.........
alternatively sunny, stormy, windy and cloudy with sandy beaches, castles, churches, high cliffs, low heath and moorlands, outstanding sea views, friendly people, excellent food and a lot, lot more.
In my opinion, there is nowhere else quite like Cornwall in Britain. We have other quite wonderful places in the U.K. but none has everything as Cornwall does.
Cornwall is reputed to have been the home of King Arthur and the Round table. You can still visit Tintagel Castle on the north coast and imagine what the world was like back then (see Tintagel info).
Cornwall has two main incomes.
The first is from tourism and is extremely popular with people from all over the country. If you want a quiet holiday away from the crowds, then don't visit during the kids 6 week holiday during summer!!
The second is from the export of China Clay. Indeed, they are the largest exporter of this item outside of China!
- Pros:Beautiful countryside
If you ar interested in small ships and the maratime history of Cornwall, then you really must visit the the National... more travel advice
Ash59's Related Pages
Cornwall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Putting the "corn" back in Cornwall"
- "Pixies, cream teas and a beautiful blue sea"
- "The End of England"
- "Cornwall - picturesque and friendly"
- "Just Beautiful!"
- "Kernow Istorek (Historic Cornwall)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cornwall
- Hotels in Cornwall
- Transportation in Cornwall
- Nightlife in Cornwall
- Restaurants in Cornwall
- Shopping in Cornwall
- Warnings and Dangers in Cornwall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cornwall
- 60 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Cornwall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cornwall
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Krakow Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stirling Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Kenya Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Harwich Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunratty Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.