"Kernow Istorek (Historic Cornwall)" Cornwall by Ash59

Cornwall Travel Guide: 1,689 reviews and 4,315 photos

Welcome to my Dutchy of Cornwall travels.

Now how can I describe Cornwall? Cornwall is.........

alternatively sunny, stormy, windy and cloudy with sandy beaches, castles, churches, high cliffs, low heath and moorlands, outstanding sea views, friendly people, excellent food and a lot, lot more.

In my opinion, there is nowhere else quite like Cornwall in Britain. We have other quite wonderful places in the U.K. but none has everything as Cornwall does.

Cornwall is reputed to have been the home of King Arthur and the Round table. You can still visit Tintagel Castle on the north coast and imagine what the world was like back then (see Tintagel info).

Cornwall has two main incomes.

The first is from tourism and is extremely popular with people from all over the country. If you want a quiet holiday away from the crowds, then don't visit during the kids 6 week holiday during summer!!

The second is from the export of China Clay. Indeed, they are the largest exporter of this item outside of China!

• Pros:Beautiful countryside
  • Cons:None!
  • Last visit to Cornwall: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2003

• jennycee's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Hi Andy, I was impressed by your Cornwall pages and the info. you provided. I intend to spend the coming Easter in Cornwall. Cheers

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2006 at 3:42 PM

Enjoyed your Cornwall page. Certainly won't be crawling backwards through that rock! Great tips and superb photo...

• Tetreus's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 3:39 AM

Wow, I loved your pages ! Good information and nice pictures. Cornwall...we are coming ! ( in august ) Janine and Andrea

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 5:46 PM

Frankly, I have to say I cannot believe how people can rate some of your tips so lowly. How you get a mere 3 1/2 for your earth station and lighthouse tips I would find frustrating. Take heart, someone out there approves! Back for another visit

• eddilowe's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 2:57 AM

Great Cornwall info Andy. Off to Cornwall myself in October for 5 days so all useful stuff! Best wishes, Eddi :o)

• munki's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 11:37 AM

Great pictures and tips.

• Astralka's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 7:04 AM

I opened your Cornwall pages by chance, but then I could not stop until I have seen all the tips

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2003 at 10:35 AM

wonderful page !

• Tea4Two's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2003 at 1:01 AM

An excellent reminder of my own holiday in Cornwall. Thanks for rekindling my memories and making me want to return.

• May 21, 2003 at 8:58 PM

Excellant page..Fantastic photographs..Neat presentation..Wealth of information.Lots of nice tips..Extemly useful to a traveller...

Ash59

“Tomorrow is a mystery, live for today!”

Badges & Stats in Cornwall

Have you been to Cornwall?

Latest Activity in Cornwall