"Jim_Eliason's Beijing Page" Beijing by Jim_Eliason

Beijing Travel Guide: 6,445 reviews and 16,136 photos

Beijing is a city of monumental architecture. It's the kind of place where you can spend half your time with your jaw dropped. In my brief time here, I was only able to see the main sights.

• Pros:Monumental Architecture, one in a life time sights
  • Cons:Constant eye burning smog
  • In a nutshell:A definite once in a lifetime must see!
  • Last visit to Beijing: Mar 2001
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2008

• jmdolphin's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2010 at 6:49 AM

yes it is very pollouted-- still dragging black chunks out of my ears, and got a sore throat. Okay saw the great wall, and forbidden city-- never going back--such a health risk.

• Childish's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 7:29 AM

hi Jim! A nice page on Beijing, thanks for sharing!

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 6:33 AM

Hi Jim, Anne and I will be visiting Beijing in 6 weeks time. I am looking forward to seeing the "absolute once in your lifetime must see sight" of the forbidden city...and others. Thanks for sharing a great page.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Good tips about Beijing. I will be there in autumn.

• wwliu's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Hehe, This Beijing page is very interesing......especially the warnings....

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2006 at 2:49 PM

You make many very helpful points about Beijing. It can be a bewildering city.

• oisha's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2006 at 5:35 AM

Actually, I was going to ask you about the pollution but now I see you have mentioned it. What month did you visit Beijing?

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Beijing has an ocean of bycicles..must be incredible to get lost there!;) I would!!!!

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 3:49 PM

thanks for visiting my beijing page. Beijing is a wonderful city, though I have yet to see the Summer Palace and Badaling Great Wall. Great page, you have very nice pics. Jingshan looks nice, too, never knew there was a view from there...

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for your nice comment on my page. I found nice tips and pics on your Beijing page. I'll make a short visit there, too. Greetings from Indonesia.

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Beijing

Have you been to Beijing?

Latest Activity in Beijing