"Nara" Nara by Jim_Eliason
Nara Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 909 photos
Nara is Japan's first permanent capital from 710 to 795 when it moved to Kyoto. As a result of this status Nara is full of ancient temples and shrines all with easy walking distance of local transport.
For an overview on Nara see this article i wrote for a local paper.
This temple established by the chinese priest Ganjin was built in 759 more travel advice
Located about 20 km southwest of Nara, Horyu is one of Nara largest temple complexes. It was founded in 607 by Prince... more travel advice
Jim_Eliason's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Japan's ancient capitals"
- "Rich Culture in the Countryside"
- "Nara - A historical City."
- "Deer Nara"
- "Nara - Ancient Japanese City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nara
- Hotels in Nara
- Transportation in Nara
- Restaurants in Nara
- Shopping in Nara
- Warnings and Dangers in Nara
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 12 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 86 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 44 reviews, 234 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 57 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macao Intro, 45 reviews, 209 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 48 reviews, 178 photos
- Singapore Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 38 reviews, 162 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 46 reviews, 153 photos
- Paris Intro, 49 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 68 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (117)
Latest Nara hotel reviews