"Coyoacan" Coyoacán by Jim_Eliason
Coyoacán Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 144 photos
Until recently Coyoacan was a small village south of Mexico City but in the last 50 years it has become a southern suburb. Coyoacan is very historicaly significant as the original Colonial capital of Cortes prior to the founding of Mexico City and also as the home of one of Mexico's most famous artist, Frida Kahlo. Today Coyoacan is a well to do suburb of Mexico City and a popular weekend destination for locals
- Pros:Beautiful city
- Cons:crowded on weekends
- In a nutshell:great way to escape the bustle and pollution of Mexico City
This building was built by Cortes as his seat of his spanish adminstration during the siege of the Aztec capital of... more travel advice
This museum holds temporary exhibits of Mexican popular culture. At the time I was there it had an exhibit of local... more travel advice
Jim_Eliason's Related Pages
Coyoacán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place of Coyotes"
- "Coyoacan - Frida Kahlo's home town"
- "Coyoacán - Place of the Coyotes"
- "Coyoacan - More than just Frida's House"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coyoacán
- Transportation in Coyoacán
- Nightlife in Coyoacán
- Restaurants in Coyoacán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coyoacán
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Coyoacán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coyoacán
Photos in CoyoacánSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 84 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 46 reviews, 244 photos
- Macao Intro, 48 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 57 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 48 reviews, 178 photos
- Singapore Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 39 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 46 reviews, 153 photos
- Paris Intro, 49 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 68 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues