"Annapolis" Top 5 Page for this destination Annapolis by Jim_Eliason

Annapolis Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 543 photos

Annapolis makes a great day trip from Baltimore. Once a major colonial city it is now a small suburban community of Baltimore. However due to this fact it maintains much of its colonial architecture with a real small town feel.

• Pros:Great Architecture and small town feel
  • Cons:Crowded in summer
  • In a nutshell:Great place for Colonial Architecture.
  • Last visit to Annapolis: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 12, 2006

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM

We really enjoyed our brief interlude here. Arrived unaware it was Commssioning Week so a busy, lively atmosphere about town - we were lucky to find rather unusual accommodation in a famous delli. We ate at the Middleton too!
    Enjoyed your Tips of some of the historical things did not have time to see.

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 7:41 PM

We have been in the same restaurants! When I was there, I wanted to see the flag with 13 stars. I couldn't.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Very nice historical view. Was here in 74 for a cross country race with the squids. Had a small town feel to it back then and seems to have kept it.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 2:49 PM

I did read Roots by Alex Hayley a long time ago but did not realise his daughter arrived here = nice tips on your new page

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 5:31 AM

Annapolis is a wonderful place to visit--the inner harbor, historic homes and general atmosphere of the town makes for a very nice trip. We love it! You've got some nice pictures, Jim...

• penumbra's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 6:35 PM

I can see why all roads lead to the inner harbor, it looks like a great place to spend an afternoon.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Noticed your History Quest on front page today. Annapolis is a town I would love to explore one day.

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Annapolis

Have you been to Annapolis?

Latest Activity in Annapolis