"Los Angeles" Los Angeles by Jim_Eliason

Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,411 reviews and 8,884 photos

LA is the US's second largest city after New York and in many ways, for better or worse, the cultural capital of the US. It's also a sprawling metropolis with relatively poor public transportation. Therefore it's difficult to explore the entire Metro area from a single location. it's better to pick a focus area.

• Pros:Wonderful weather
  • Cons:Traffic, traffic and more traffic
  • In a nutshell:must see US city
  • Last visit to Los Angeles: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2013

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM

My travels to LA never gave me enough time to see it all, and should return one day for the rest. You did a nice presentation with pictures and comments, and especially the beaches.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Dropped by here yesterday...Im so absent minded these days and I THOUGHT I forgot to add comments..Interesting museum and gallery tips Jim..Terrific skyline photo of the BIG city!Always thought of LA as not on my list..now Im not so sure!

• Nov 24, 2008 at 6:29 AM

My dream in Los Angeles is to be here: Universal Studios Hollywood and some other studios (Paramount etc.).

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 5:52 PM

Great intro shot. I've had a few occasions to breeze in and out of LA and will be doing it again next month. Hopefully I'll get to check out Venice Beach this time and hit a few more highlights.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2003 at 2:32 PM

Hey, great page.. I would love to visit Santa Monika and Venice beach, as well as the zoo there.. Next trip.. for sure.. ;-)

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2003 at 7:31 AM

Beautiful photos of LA, it brings back memories of my trip.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2003 at 7:11 PM

Looks like you did a lot of eating in LA! :-)

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2003 at 6:27 AM

Great page! Very impressive intro pic

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2003 at 12:32 PM

Interesting page, good suggestions - is the Venice beach always empty? :-)

• Cool-123's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2003 at 4:04 AM

Great info!!

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Los Angeles

Have you been to Los Angeles?

Latest Activity in Los Angeles