"Jim_Eliason's Huntsville Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Huntsville by Jim_Eliason

Huntsville Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 185 photos

I lived in Huntsville for about 2 years. Here are some of the highlights.

Huntsville is an oasis of technology in an otherwise rural Alabama. It's home to Space Camp, NASA's Marshall Flight Center and has the highest per Capita of Master's degrees in the US.

• Pros:Museums , Culture in a beautiful & natural surroundings
  • Cons:Hot and humid summers
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful place to live in
  • Last visit to Huntsville: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I am going down there next week and decided to look at your restaurant tips. Thanks; I guess I won't starve now that I read these

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 9:53 AM

The space museum and old village sound like a full day of touring just those tow things. Good presentation. I plan to get here in Jan if all works out.

• jaberwocky's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Hey, Jim. Ran across your Biergarten Cafe entry on Virtual Tourist. They've been closed awhile. Unfortunately towards the end, they got pretty nasty, which only accelerated their demise. Still, I had many a good meal there while they lasted.

• Mar 28, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I Love Madison's Roundhouse. It is put to good use during the Madison Street Falr and Spirit Walks, and is a fine place to picnic or soak up the Christmas Spirit when there at Holiday time!

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 5:12 PM

Looks like I'm going to Hunstville for 2 days next week... thanks for the tips!

• Erin09340's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for stopping by my page. I lived in Huntsville for 8months and had no idea there was so much to do there. I guess that's why I left.

• Jvb802003's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2005 at 1:29 PM

This is a very helpful site. I am going to Huntsville for christams. Very nice pics.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 11:55 AM

My grandmother lived in Huntsville, My aunt and uncle live there now, and my best friend lives in Harvest. Great look at this northern Alabama space city, Jim. Thanks for the kind comment on my Namibia page.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2003 at 4:04 PM

GREAT city and page !!!

• ephobius's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 6:16 PM

I have heard a lot of NASA museum there. I must go someday. Nice pics.

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Huntsville

Have you been to Huntsville?

Latest Activity in Huntsville