"Iowa Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa by Jim_Eliason

Iowa Travel Guide: 1,108 reviews and 2,633 photos

Although not thought of much as a tourist destination, Iowa has surprisely lot to offer in the way of sights and attractions.

I grew up in Iowa and lived there most of my live. Contained here are the highlights of some 30+ years of rambling in my home state.

• Pros:No crowds
  • Cons:Bad weather
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2006

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 9:24 AM

Wow, Jim, what a wide collection of Iowa places. Iowa is an under-rated state but you have shown that it has much to offer.

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 7:53 PM

Thanks for visiting, Jim. You certainly have a great eye with the camera!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2004 at 11:56 AM

Wonderful pages about Iowa! I have plans to go soon, so I'll check back closer to the date.

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2003 at 3:17 PM

went to Chicago yesterday, but don't have enought time to get out from airport. it seem so beautiful there. beautiful pictures on your page.=)))

• TropicGirl77's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2003 at 11:22 AM

I've been here a few times, and admit I never realized there was so much hidden in Iowa! Thanks for the walk through ... I'll have to check out some of this stuff next time I visit!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2003 at 6:36 AM

A superb guided tour through the great state of Iowa. Even though it is the next state down, I hardly ever get there.

• billus's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2003 at 5:13 PM

Pella brings in terrific chicken cutlet and grilled pepper sandwiches for their catered luncheons - and yes we spec their windows

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2003 at 11:18 AM

Iowa looks very international. Never knew there was a Dutch settlement there! Great sunset pic of lake Okoboji ;-p

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2003 at 4:05 AM

Wonderful pics and great infos;

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2003 at 5:29 AM

Wyatt Earp and John Wayne! Wow! Great page with lot's of cool pictures! I've only driven through without stopping! Next time I'm stopping!!

Jim_Eliason Used To Live Here!

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Iowa