"Mijas" Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas by Jim_Eliason

Mijas Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 595 photos

Mijas is a small mountain town a short drive from the Costa de Sol. It's very touristy but still retains a bit of what one could imagine is the look and feel of a small Spanish mountain town.

• Pros:Great views
  • Cons:Lots of tourists
  • In a nutshell:Great day trip from the coast
  • Last visit to Mijas: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 7, 2013

Travelogues (1)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Jim, lovely little page with brilliant photos of this popular Andalusian gem. Unfortunately I haven't made it to this quaint town yet.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Jim, your photos of Mijas are just brilliant. We loved this little "white town". We have a small throw rug from here. We did not see Botanical gardens or the Virgin of the Rock. Great work.

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 7:22 AM

Great tips and photos. What a magical place, going for 2nd time in Feb 08 - must see the bullring.

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 7:46 AM

Ok let me rephrase that ... I am honored you like my Mijas tips, seeing that you are top 5 in that one...ohhh (bows) hihi.... lovely pages!!!

• DPando's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 5:22 AM

yeah im discovering throug u spectacular places in spain !! lol thanks

• Stevo68's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 3:41 AM

Off to Mijas on 5th March, thanks for the insight! Great photos!

• Dec 19, 2005 at 4:31 PM

mijas looks like a charming town, especially with all the white buildings. loved your photo of the bullring.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 6:12 PM

i liked touring this white city with u on VT. actually we have been here in 1996, we stayed in fuengurilla (spell?). nice intro information. o yes, like tiger9090a, i am also against bull fights.

• Aug 2, 2005 at 9:35 AM

I am not such a fan of bullfights but the Plaza de Toros looks really nice!

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Mijas