"Firenze" Florence by Jim_Eliason
Florence Travel Guide: 5,295 reviews and 12,089 photos
Very few cities have such an extensive collection of art as Florence, Paris would be the only one that comes close. Add to this the greatest minds of Renaissance Architecture, Science and literature and you have a one of a kind city.
- Pros:fanastic art, architecture and history
- Cons:Very much on the (over) beaten path.
This is Brunelleschi's last work. This church has a very plain exterior which hides an extravagent interior. The church... more travel advice
Built in 1548 by the Pitti palace, it was taken over by the Medici family in 1549 when they became the Dukes of tuscany.... more travel advice
Jim_Eliason's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 26 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 84 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 46 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 48 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 57 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 174 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 48 reviews, 178 photos
- Singapore Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 39 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 46 reviews, 153 photos
- Taipei Intro, 35 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue